LCF has secured access to a widebody platform which provides the opportunity to develop a Lift Demonstrator mock-up of the LCF lift and loading systems - demonstrating loadability and functionality in comparison to the main deck cargo door competition. A real life, practical demonstration of the LCF concept.
When commissioned the LCF Lift Demonstrator will consist of a single lift platform based load / unload system with:
• The Lift platform assembly (Drive systems, Guide tubes, the MD locking system and the Platform levelling and Drive System Synchronisation Systems) installed.
• The Main Deck floor aperture structure cut out.
• Lower Deck modifications installed to allow the lift platform to descend into a position where containers can be loaded and unloaded.
• Changes made to the Lower Deck CLS systems to enable turning of a container / pallet through 90°
• Installation of sufficient Main Deck CLS system components to be able to demonstrate a realistic complete load / unload cycle.
In addition to providing a demonstration capability the LCF Lift Demonstrator will be used to determine:
• The ideal locations of the lift operating system controls and their interconnections
• Interphone locations and their use during the load/unload process
• How the novel CLS related safety systems should be configured
The Demonstrator will also be used to confirm that the design and loading procedures comply with the procedures set out in the LCF Ground Handling Manual (GHM) and match the performance criteria set out in the Load / Unload Manual (LUM).
The GHM and LUM have been independently developed by experts from the airfreight operations side of the business together with the designers and suppliers of the CLS to define the ‘best practice’ operational requirements that the final design must satisfy.
© Eolia Trading Limited. All Rights Reserved.